Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Moroccan Art Continues - Dye Vats Oil Painting

I have returned from a fantastic trip to dear people, new friends in Nicaragua. I will share with friends about that trip at some point, probably more privately. I would like to continue with completing two more paintings from my experiences in Morocco in the next few days. Then, I will close out this blog. Here is a start on an oil I hope to do this week - the dye vats of Fes. I will need to fiddle with the vats sizes/perspective as I am combining several images and memories into one painting. I like the three guys, however. I want to highlight that men were working in the dye vats and it is a nasty place to work. And, I woke up enough to realize I had spelled dye incorrectly!

It is certainly interesting to watch what is happening currently in North Africa. There is much political unrest. The reasons are multi-faceted, but certainly the aspect of a large, poor, unemployed population in that region must be one variable in the unrest. I am thankful for the opportunity I had to live there during a period of relative calm. The people there, the bakery boys, the beggars, the children and my former neighbors are very special people to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment