Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Adventure Is Winding Down

I just have some random thoughts today as I pack for home. The Moroccan art adventure is winding down. I am staying in the States after Christmas.
It's been an amazing experience living in an Arab, Islamic country, a sometimes third world country working at an "American" school.


I hope to have some time to process the experience, and then go on to make art and help others create as well.


New ideas...orbiting the giant hairball.....trying creativity.


Or as the Bible puts it:


No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment, for the patch will pull away from the garment, making the tear worse. Neither do men pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.

— Matthew 9:16-17 



I have had some new ideas with good, healthy boundaries. I have had an adventure of a lifetime in a few short months. I am so happy to have been a part of 440 students' lives for a while. I am thankful.


"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?"


- Albert Einstein


Starting an elementary art department is something like that; new ideas take time, creativity and research. Time is what I was not given here.  The old business model of efficiency won the day.



I've got to get packing! Can't wait to be home for Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment