Saturday, December 11, 2010

Love and God

One of my students painting himself life-size.
I am easing into the day today by reading Donald Miller. Some say he has theological issues, so beware. We all have theological issues. I'm aware. I live with mine every day.


"...to be in a relationship with God is to be loved purely and furiously. And a person who thinks himself unlovable cannot be in a relationship with God because he can't accept who God is; a Being that is love. We learn that we are lovable or unlovable from other people...That is why God tells us so many times to love each other." 
 Donald Miller (Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality)


"I think Jesus is saying, Look, you guys are running around like monkeys trying to get people to clap, but people are fallen, they are separated from God, so they have no idea what is good or bad, worthy to be judged or set free, beautiful or ugly to begin with. Why not get your glory from God? Why not accept your feelings of redemption because of His pleasure in you, not the fickle and empty favor of man? And only then will you know who you are, and only then will you have true, uninhibited relationships with others."
Donald Miller (Searching for God Knows What



I'm packing for Christmas vacation, and I am thankful I'll be worshiping Jesus with family and friends back home.  Can't hardly wait! I want to see so many faces and just look at them! Seeing God's artwork in my family and supportive friends is really so huge. Home.


"Everybody has to leave, everybody has to leave their home and come back so they can love it again for all new reasons."
Donald Miller (Through Painted Deserts)   


Sixth grader working on body drawing.


2 comments:

  1. beautiful quotes, marcia! he's one of my personal favorites too :) and yes, we all do have "theological issues" haha - big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, you are a gift from God to me in Morocco!

    ReplyDelete