Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Petersen Art Center

When not painting, it sure is fun to tool around at the local art store. I had not heard of Utrecht art supplies and Petersen's Art Center in Salt Lake City, but now I am a big fan. It is warm and inviting with huge sales that artists just love. They also offer workshops and classes to use all the amazing supplies. I wish I could stay on and make pottery! I have found some special colors I have been wanting to get for a painting of Morocco that has 2 bright articles of clothing. 

After picking up some good deals, a special brush, a large clip board for studies and sketches and a great carrying case, Janet and I head for a lovely cup of coffee and homemade cookies at a shop called "Paradise". I am enjoying our time together and our growing friendship. We are cheering each other on to make art.

I will post what I complete today, later on tonight or in the morning. I am happy painting in sunny Utah. 

I enjoyed sharing about Donald Miller's writings, and how they have helped me. I shared one of his quotes today, and will add it here. 
"When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are."
Donald Miller,  A Million Miles in a Thousand Years

No comments:

Post a Comment