Sunday, January 30, 2011

Back To Morocco

Well, not via airplane, but via art.  (My old travel buddies are breathing easier.) I am hopeful I can finish painting number 6 this week, the Medina, and then start on a painting using some of the mosaic designs I saw in Morocco. I have copies to make templates, and I am hoping to move to oils...painting outside by the lake. Hmmmm. I think I'll need sun for that! 


It has been nice to have taken a sabbath rest today. My artist friend, Jackie, and I drove to Widbey Island for a few hours. We enjoyed touring a gallery together with a show on the theme "Saints and Sinners." Some really thought-provoking pieces were beautifully displayed. I especially liked the confessional that had two confession areas, and it did not have an area for the priest. It was more like, "Confess your sins one to another."


 We also enjoyed a volcanic chocolate cake bowl, pudding in the middle topped with vanilla ice cream, at a cozy bistro right on main street in Langley. We warmed our chilled hands with hot cups of fresh-brewed coffee. To complete the afternoon, we were able to see Mt. Baker in all of its splendor as we waited for our return ferry. God displayed what an amazing artist He is, as always, moment by moment, holding everything together. Always takes my breath away.

No comments:

Post a Comment