Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Beginnings

If you start reading from the beginning of this blog, you know that I have been living and teaching art in Morocco. Since returning home, I have decided to make art in order to tell my story of some of my experiences while in Morocco. I've always told my students that art is a language we can all speak, being created by a creator, artist God. So, it is the close of one chapter and the beginning of a new one for me as I get out my paints. I'm hoping to paint each day, and write about it occasionally.


My story in Morocco was filled with life, sharp contrasts, suffering, beauty, ugliness, redemption and hope. My goal is to share these themes and my interaction with them in my art.


"In a society increasingly devoid of meaning, hope is a precious commodity. If redemption and hope are deep and genuine, experiences in our own lives the hints will be there. We will take them with us where we go - and that includes into our art."
            
- Art & Soul, by Hilary Brand & Adrienne Chaplin

No comments:

Post a Comment