Saturday, September 18, 2010

Making Art in Morocco? or Sunny Beach?

Cumin in the grocery store.
Today, I hope to get to the artist supply store in the heart of the city. I would like to start a canvas in order to express my life and faith here in Morocco with all its ups and downs, and just see what comes. Sure, things are hard, crazy and life is going at an "awkward to me" pace. I had read about the procrastinations and lying to save face. I had read about non-functioning refrigerators made in China and wacky cars zig-zagging in an insane pace with mopeds and donkey carts. However, living, in a way I had only read about, has a different sting than when I was laying in bed sipping tea and munching on snacks.  


This may sound like a really easy feat for me to go to an art store. You hop into the car, run down to Daniel Smith or Dick Blick, right? Maybe Michael's?  Nope. OK, I can do this!  I'll write about my adventure later......


Sunny Beach at Sunset.
Well, no art store today, but I have the hope of it happening tomorrow. 


I did go to a luncheon at The Churchill Club. It is an English speaking country club, and all the new people to my school were treated to a lovely lunch at the club. It was a time to meet the board of the school. I think I was too tired to go but I did, and I was still fighting my headache. 


Sunny Beach at Sundown.






Several of us went to Sunny Beach for the afternoon and dinner. As soon as I got there, I fell sound asleep!




I woke up after at least an hour or two, and I found my way to the restaurant area. I ordered my favorite, a Caprise salad - mozzarella, basil and tomato. The rest of the gals in my group found me, and I soon saw that this was another birthday party for me. 


Birthday Dinner at Sunny Beach.


The dinner was excellent, and the 
owners gave us free desserts and played happy birthday to you over the PA system. It was relaxing and restorative. Just plain fun!


I will make a serious effort to get canvases tomorrow!


Cactus at Sunny Beach as we left.




















Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment